Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is an 11Gb export file considered 'Large' ?

Jason Pepper June 24, 2012

I come from an Oracle DB background where an 11Gb export file would not be considered large..

Our current production Confluence instance running on MySQL is exporting at around 11Gb at the moment.

Is an 11Gb export file considered 'Large' in Confluence circles ?

I'm seeing some corruption on test imports at the moment, so I was wondering if size was a problem (so to speak)..

Cheers

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jason Pepper October 9, 2012

Turned out that the the problem lay with the zip executable on the machine. It wasn't able to deal with files above a certain size. When I used another zip extractor, magically it all worked !

2 votes
CharlesH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012
Tip: clean out the recycle bins for the spaces you think have the most edits. You don't want to export data (pages and larger attachments) that you don't really need.
1 vote
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 25, 2012

Yes. We have about 500 pages in a confluence server and the total database export (minus the markup stuff) is less than 50 megs. That means you are exporting the contents of roughly 50,000 pages? I would say that's large.

Jason Pepper June 25, 2012

We have a large quanitity of attachments, I'm guessing that makes a big difference..

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 25, 2012

One thing I would do to reduce database load is to store the attachments on the file system (rather than in the database -- I'm guessing you already have done this, but figured I'd mention it if not). There's an option in the Admin panel to do that.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 26, 2012

Pff, ours is about 150Gb. ;-)

I know it's down to attachments though - without them, it's more like 5Gb for 80,000 pages (and a lot of revisions)

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 26, 2012

That's not a knife.

THAT'S a KNIFE!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events