Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is There A Way To Show PAGE Attachments?

John Taber October 26, 2017

Problem: I want a way to show all of the attachments on a Confluence page then provide a way for end users to filter them by their associated label.

Thoughts: The Space Attachments macro is ALMOST exactly what I need but I want to restrict it to files on the PAGE only NOT the entire Space.  Even being able to presort the attachments with a given macro or extension type would solve my issue but this does not appear to be possible using the Space Attachments macro.

Another idea is to use the label display but again it works for the entire space not a single page.  

Any thoughts?

4 answers

2 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2017

Welcome to the online Atlassian Community.

The Attachments macro  displays a list of files attached to a page.

I hope it works for your case, if not, let us know how we may help.

0 votes
John Taber October 30, 2017

I want it real time like the Space Attachments table OR a static chart of label values like that other macro...but all of these are Space level only.

In general enhance:

# Every macro that has an option for spaces only should be enhanced to use pages and their subs as an option.

# Add label filtering to the Attachments macro just like the Space Attachments macro.

:D

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 30, 2017

It looks like I misunderstood, John, I had the idea you could use the attachments macro to filter by labels, when I edit the macro, I see the Attachment label option, which says "A comma-separated list of labels to filter by."

Screen Shot 2017-10-30 at 11.30.10 AM.pngOur docs also led me to believe you could filter by label:

Attachments Macro

Attachment Labels
A list of labels, used to filter the attachments to display....

A

0 votes
John Taber October 30, 2017

The Attachments macro does not answer the second part of the question.  There is not a way to filter by the label.  I added a search macro but I had to do a bunch of tricks with it to get even close and it is kinda cludgey.  For example, each file has to have a label called "file" so I can properly search for it.

I went with the attachments macro and a search box but it is not wonderful...  :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events