Is Hosted Jira & Confluence reliable at all?

Okan Alper April 26, 2014

Hi Everyone,

I have been using Jira and Confluence on our local dev environment (we installed the sw), and it has been working great. And, I wanted to try hosted Jira & Confluence to get rid of maintainance costs.

But, it has been one problem after another since I signed up:

- Signup process was messy as hell, I tried to sign up for Jira, JIra Agile and Confluence and things were failing right and left, e.g. I clicked on Active on Jira Agile, and it would not activate, etc.

- After the signup, I could not access Jira at all, so opened a ticket, and they said sorry it was not enabled.

- Then I tried to create a project, and pop-up was hanging when I selected Kanban or Agile, opened a ticket again, and they said Jira Agile is not active, check the Activation page on my.atlassian.net, and it is active.

- It has been 3 days since I signed up, and I could not start using it yet...

Is this the experience that everyone is going through? How are people handling it?

Thanks...

2 answers

0 votes

I am not worried about the cost, since maintainance is as critical.

And, answers can't help here, mostly because it is setup related tasks, e.g. Jira Agile not getting activated, Jira is not getting activated, etc.

And, overall, it is a bit frustrating to be honest, never seen a hosted service like this before...

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2014

You defintely should raise this with Atlassian OnDemand support.

Already did so, but was wondering what people experience here and check if I am the only one, i.e. whether this is a sporadic issue or a common case.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2014

If you search answers you will find other people having similar or network access issues with OnDemand. OnDemand support will get things working for you.

If you really want to save on overall cost, then hosted environments will always cost you more than self hosting because you are always paying out. Hosted environments saves you in the beginning but ultimately costs you more. There is a convience factor that hosted environments provides and that is real reason why people use it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events