Is Crowd the only Single Sign On option for Confluence, JIRA, Stash, and Bamboo

Hi

I would like to know if Crowd is the only option for single sign on for all the Atlassian products?

Thanks

Kathy

4 answers

Hi,

We do have this page with some information on this subject.

There is a SAML 2.0 Application in the Okta system for Confluence & JIRA and an application for Stash & bamboo - but Atlassian will not provide configuration support on it.

0 vote
Chris Fuller Atlassian Team Jun 16, 2015

I came here to link to the same page that @Rodrigo Sogari [Atlassian] did, but I will add a little bit more detail.

Those instructions describe how to do SSO for those applications that use the atlassian-seraph library.  JIRA and Confluence definitely use that library. I'm less familiar with Bamboo, but it appears to use atlassian-seraph as well, so the instructions should be similar to those for Confluence, but with a different class names for the base authenticator (presumably BambooAuthenticator).

Stash definitely does *not* use atlassian-seraph; however, it provides its own plugin points for doing custom authentication, as described in this other answer: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11467425/how-can-i-integrate-sso-with-stash-application

Chris Fuller Atlassian Team Jun 16, 2015

So the answer is basically: "Yes, but it's a whole lot easier if you use Crowd".

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,941 views 27 12
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you