Is Crowd the only Single Sign On option for Confluence, JIRA, Stash, and Bamboo

Kathy Plamann June 16, 2015

Hi

I would like to know if Crowd is the only option for single sign on for all the Atlassian products?

Thanks

Kathy

4 answers

2 votes
Rodrigo Rosa
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2015

Hi,

We do have this page with some information on this subject.

0 votes
ThiagoBomfim
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 16, 2015
0 votes
crf
Atlassian Team
June 16, 2015

I came here to link to the same page that @Rodrigo Sogari [Atlassian] did, but I will add a little bit more detail.

Those instructions describe how to do SSO for those applications that use the atlassian-seraph library.  JIRA and Confluence definitely use that library. I'm less familiar with Bamboo, but it appears to use atlassian-seraph as well, so the instructions should be similar to those for Confluence, but with a different class names for the base authenticator (presumably BambooAuthenticator).

Stash definitely does *not* use atlassian-seraph; however, it provides its own plugin points for doing custom authentication, as described in this other answer: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/11467425/how-can-i-integrate-sso-with-stash-application

crf
Atlassian Team
June 16, 2015

So the answer is basically: "Yes, but it's a whole lot easier if you use Crowd".

0 votes
Gerri Urban June 16, 2015

There is a SAML 2.0 Application in the Okta system for Confluence & JIRA and an application for Stash & bamboo - but Atlassian will not provide configuration support on it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events