Is Confluence ipad compatable?

Jocelyn Woolsey June 11, 2013

Please help- I do not have an ipad but my CEO needs to use his iPad so I need to figure it out.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Cat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2017

You will be happy to know that we released an iPad specific version for Confluence Cloud in May, 2017. In fact, I'm using it myself!

Come check it out on the app store, if you haven't already.

-Your friendly Confluence Cloud for Mobile Product Manager

Reno Chew November 15, 2017

Awesome! Can't wait to try them out.

Nakul Verma January 10, 2018

I have no idea on how to add images on a document from the mobile app. I am using it on iPad Pro and can’t see an option to add an image on the document.

Can you please help me figure this out?

Terry Gannon January 11, 2018

The short answer, Nakul, is that we're out of luck.  Like you, I was pretty much laptop free with my iPad Pro until I started working with Confluence Server (not Confluence Cloud).  I can use the iPad Pro to review existing Confluence pages, sort of,  but creating/updating them is a no-go.  So I'm back to lugging around my laptop. I really hope Atlassian gets their head around this.  Seems pretty short-sighted to not robustly embrace mobile as a platform.

Stefan Büttner April 11, 2019

+1 on a lot of pain points that were described here.

Besides that it seems that editing an existing date (on desktop version: by clicking it) does not work

So, in order to work a bit more lightweight (attending and facilitating a lot of meetings) I tried to just work with my iPad. Big fail! Now going back to bringing my Notebook :( !!

6 votes
Ryan Porter June 26, 2016

Three years later, neither JIRA nor Confluence are compatible with iPads.  I'm typing this from the huge 12-inch iPad Pro, where Confluence is completely useless either with Safari or Chrome.  It doesn't seem like Atlassian considers that to be a problem.  For them.  It's a big problem at my company.  Confluence becomes less useful every day as more people shift from desktop operating systems to mobile operating systems.  Their read-only iOS app is like some kind of cruel joke and it's not available for iPads anyway.  And trying to use Confluence in a browser completely doesn't work.

Reno Chew February 20, 2017

I have the same problem too.

1. Using mobile app on an iPad can edit a document, but not able to provide overall look and feel as on desktop. It's important to review what I've edited.
  2. Using safari/chrome browser on an iPad. I still can edit, but the edit toolbar do not follow me on the screen when I scroll down to edit somewhere much below. I have to keep scrolling up to look for this toolbar for text styling. 

Confluence discourage me to work remotely on iPad Pro. Laptop is heavy.

1 vote
Terry Gannon October 6, 2017

The most recent comment in this thread is from February, 2017 and I was wondering if there had been any further progress on making Confluence more iPad friendly particularly with respect to editing pages?  I would be happy to use a third party app if need be. It’s the one work-related thing I can’t do on my iPad Pro and I would like to avoid lugging around my laptop, if possible.

Tom Birch Hansen November 15, 2017

What about Confluence Server?

1 vote
twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

Could you clarify what you mean by "ipad compatible?" iPads have a web browser, and the web browser can certainly access Confluence.

There are things that may make things easier, like Confluence Mobile, which is in Conf 4.3 +.

Jocelyn Woolsey June 11, 2013

Got it! But there is no "app" or anything? How much is confluence mobile? How does this make it easier? Just curious as to whether someone could update things via their ipads and also view things as well. Is it view only or view and update?

Thanks!

twong_atlassian
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2013

Conf Mobile is bundled. As far as apps, just looking on the appstore:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobile-interface-for-confluence/id429401410?mt=8 This is a plugin for refinedWiki, which is a paid theme for Confluence. That theme is found here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.refinedwiki.confluence.plugins.theme.original

Not much on the app level, but I'd recommend simply trying things out if you can get a hold of an iOS device and make your own determination on how difficult/easy things are on your instance of Confluence.

If you don't have easy access to an instance of Confluence, you might want to just try hitting Confluence.atlassian.com on a mobile device.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events