Invited users unable to see space

Tolu Faloye August 2, 2020

Hi, 

I have created a space and invited users I want to contribute to the space.  And invited users cannot see the space I created.  Although they are able to get onto the site. 

They get the message "This is a restricted space".  They created a space and I was able to see it and view it.  

Any ideas?  I am using the free plan version. 

Thank you. 

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2020

Hi @Tolu Faloye 

Assuming the user is logged in with an Atlassian account, worth checking their user settings. 

1. Go to Confluence Settings (cog in top-right) > User Management
  2. Locate one of the users who cannot see your page and click into their user
  3. Ensure they have the group "confluence-users" - if not, add them to it using the "Add to group" button

^ This is the group which controls access to Confluence pages in Free instance permissions, alongside admin groups. This might impact space visibility.

Ste

Tolu Faloye August 3, 2020

Hi, 

I have done the above and yet all users still see the restricted page message.  When I get to permissions it is asking me to upgrade my free version to a paid plan. 

Not sure what the issue is, may have to contact support. I will indeed share the response if successful to help others. 

Thank you

0 votes
Kris G _Alacriz_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2020

Hi @Tolu Faloye , 

A free plan does not give anonymous access to users. A user needs to be logged in to access the site. Please refer to the below link for more details:

https://support.atlassian.com/confluence-cloud/docs/manage-permissions-in-the-free-edition-of-confluence-cloud/

I hope that helps.

Thanks,
Kris 

Carla Ann Rowland
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2020

concur. I have free version too and notiiced that caveat

Tolu Faloye August 2, 2020

Hi Kris, 

Thanks for taking time to respond.  The user is indeed logged in, they have access to the URL, they cannot see the space I created. Although when they create a space I can see it. So wondering what the issue is for logged in users. 

thanks 

Lennart Schmidt March 15, 2022

Hi Kris, hi Tolu,

I am experiencing the same problem in the free version: Users are logged in, added to confluence-users group and the space is specifically opened to all users.

Weirdly, spaces that were created recently, can be accessed, only older ones are still hidden from those users.

Does anyone have any advice on this?

Thanks and regards,

Lennart

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders