Invalid Server ID message when using ID provided by Atlassian Edited

I am trying to install Confluence in our local network, but my.atlassian.com is refusing to recognize the server ID that is given by the installation Wizard running on our local network.  I have carefully checked and repeatedly rechecked the server ID to confirm that both source and destination match each other.    This error on Atlassian's part is roadblocking our attempts to install Confluence.

2 answers

It looks like the server id you are typing into the licence site is not the one your server is giving you (C and L in the last character). Could you try copying and pasting like it suggests?

Can you please redact all personally identifying information from the image.  i thought this was confidential help ticket inside atlassian only.

Ah, it's a community site.

I'm afraid you'll need an admin to "redact" things.  Best I can do is delete.  Although it's only the server-id that I'd be worried about in any way.

Then delete.  I would like to delete the question.  This is TERRIBLE SERVICE FROM ATLASSIAN TO MISLEAD CUSTOMERS INTO THINKING THAT THEY ARE GETTING CONFIDENTIAL SUPPORT ONLY TO BE LED INTO A PUBLIC FORUM.

It does tell you on the links that lead you here that it's an open forum and not a support call system, as does the introduction.  Although I may well be thinking of the pages I use a lot, and I don't know where you came from.

0 vote

Hi Jim. We've updated our support offering for Server Starter licenses on July 10, 2017. Support is provided exclusively through our online community and all responses are public: https://www.atlassian.com/blog/announcements/support-for-server-starter-10-user-licenses

Thanks for sharing your concern. We will revisit the message you see in support contact form when entering your Server Starter SEN to make it more clear that all questions and answers are public. As I see your initial screenshot has already been removed by moderators.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Jul 10, 2018 in Confluence

We want to see the templates you've created in Confluence!

Hi Community, Jessica here from the Confluence Product Marketing team!  July’s community challenge is all about sharing pictures  — and as an extension of our first post on what ...

635 views 21 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you