Internal Directory in Confluence is not working

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 27, 2014

Hello,

I have both Internal Directory and External LDAP Directory in our Confluence instance.

Directory order:

1. External LDAP Directory

2. Internal Directory

I don't knew why, but when i tried to use users from internal directory i keep getting error:

"

WARN [http-8090-8] [atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator] login login : 'USERNAME' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

"

What is the problem?

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
NotTheRealStephenSifersNOPENOPENOPENOPE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

How often does your LDAP sync within confluence happen? Also, how often do your AD sites replicate within one another? Are any of your AD DC's read-only? Could it be the user you are attempting to use was newly created but not replicated to the other LDAP connector? The same will also happen with a group membership change and a password change. Even though those types of changes are supposed to replicate instantly within AD, they can sometimes be delayed or not happen due to administrative issues.

0 votes
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 27, 2014

Hello Denys,

The problem is that confluence will try to access the first directory to search for the user to login. If you have users with the same username in both directories, then it will find the user on LDAP first and try to login with him, which probably doesn't have the permission to use the instance.

I recommend to leave the internal directory in first position, since if you need to restore the admin access for some problem, it will be easier to login to the instance using the internal administrator.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 28, 2014

i'm trying to use user which exist only in Internal Directory.

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2014

We cannot use internal directory because we are using LDAP auth. And we are experiencing a bug
"

WARN [http-8090-8] [atlassian.seraph.auth.DefaultAuthenticator] login login : 'USERNAME' tried to login but they do not have USE permission or weren't found. Deleting remember me cookie.

"

For other services this user don't have problems.

Tae Sup Lee March 31, 2016

2016 March   we still have problem and haven't found the solution.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events