Intend a ordered List.

Sozhavendhan M December 17, 2013

I need to intend the text as

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i. Xxxxxx

ii. Xxxxxx

iii. Xxxxxx

iv. xxxxxx

But the below is what I get in when I need i, ii, iii, ... in wiki.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

a)

i. Xxxxxx

ii. Xxxxxx

iii. Xxxxxx

iv. Xxxxxx

I get this 1, a) automatically created. Is there any way to remove it?

1 answer

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

I think there's two issues here:

1) You want to use lower-case roman numerals for your list numbers.

2) You are getting additional list items inserted into your list.

#1: To change the bullet/num character in a list, you have to decide if you want to do it locally (just on that page, or just on that list) or globally.

Globally:

You'll want to edit the global stylesheet and add the following selector:

.wiki-content ol {

list-style: lower-alpha !important;

}

Locally: Just add the same style, but in the same page in an HTML macro. Or, if you want to put the list in the HTML block, use something like this (to use lower case numerals):

<ol type="i">

#2: It sounds like while you were using the visual editor to create your ordered list, you might have inadvertantly nested a new list within it. The best way to remedy this is to use the Source Editor plugin to edit the page's source code (mostly just HTML sprinkled with some Confluence-specific tags) and move the tags around as needed.

More information about that plugin is here:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.editor.confluence-source-editor

(It's free)

If you can't use the plugin, you might be better off just deleting the list and starting over. It's really hard to use nested lists with the visual editor.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events