Integration of Confluence Questions OnDemand with HipChat

Can you make Confluence Questions notify a designated room that someone posted a question (and maybe the question and link back).

This way people can use Answer for questions, rather than Hipchat and the history and answers dont get lost to time?

Stretch goal would be posting to different rooms based on the selected tag, or a default room if none of the tags match.

For example, a developer as a Java related technical question, tags it with Java, and get posted to a Java Support Room in Hipchat.

5 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

We're definately interested in this option as well.

Yes, I'm surprised actually, I thought this would have made sense.

FYI This feature has been added to Questions in Spaces that are integrated to HipChat. There is a separate enhancement to link Question Topics to certain rooms here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-1914

Its on the backlog but not currently being worked. Please see https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CQ-82

We need that as well. We're even thinking about developing something on our own, which polls all the new questions once in a while and then posts all the new ones to our hipchat room.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Monday in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

447 views 5 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you