Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Jira OnDemand with in-house Confluence

Natalia Usmanova November 2, 2011

Currently we have JIRA Studio where the Wiki component is almost not used, and a heavily used in-house instance of Confluence.

We are planning to migrate to the onDemand JIRA. Is it be possible to integrate OnDemand JIRA with the in-house Confluence (after we upgrade it to 4.0) ? By integration i mean

a)having automatic links created when a title of Confluence's page is entered into a JIRA ticket, and vice versa

b)ability to add JIRA's gadgets to Confluence pages

1 answer

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2011

I would guess that due to firewall issues, that will almost certainly not be possible. The ondemand server needs to be able to speak to your server.

But if you are paying for a wiki component, why don't you just dump your wiki to xml and have support import it? Then you don't need to worry about upgrades and availability and so on.

Natalia Usmanova November 2, 2011

I was thinking if this integration was possible for in-house instances sitting outside the firewall, then we could figure something out on the networking side in terms of how to actually configure the firewall around it.

As for why not use the onDemand Confluence, the answer is simple: custom plugins. Our content depends on quite a few plugins that are not available for onDemand customers. Nothing too fancy, almost all of them from Customware or Adaptivist, but they are vital... If Atlassian made its onDemand offering more flexible in terms of plugins, it probably would be close to perfect :)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events