Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing confluence after service desk, how do I configure PostgreSQL?

Matt DeLaCruz January 22, 2018

I've installed Service Desk/Core and used the default names used in the instructions (jiradb and jiradbuser) 

The instructions give the same database name and database user for Confluence. Yet, I've read that the databases must be separate. What about users? 

Is it ok to install both applications on the same server? 

I'm not very familiar with SQL databases. Thank you. 

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

It's fine to install Confluence and Jira both on the same server. I would make a dedicated db user for Confluence and one for Jira. Here are the SQL server setup instructions for Confluence: Database Setup for SQL Server and Jira: Connecting JIRA applications to SQL Server 2012 and Connecting JIRA applications to SQL Server 2014

Do those links translate for using PostgreSQL? 

Also, separate DB users but also separate databases? Thanks for your quick reply!  

Oops, found the answer to my own question here: 

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Questions-for-Confluence/database/qaq-p/588659

Thanks again! 

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 22, 2018

Sorry Matt, I missed the title of your post and thought you were using MS SQL. Please see: Database Setup for PostgreSQL Best of luck, let us know any questions. :) Ann

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events