Installing a Plugin

Richard S June 26, 2012

I have just installed the 'Tracking' and 'Send Email to Page' plugins successfully (apparently) on a stand alone version of Confluence 4.1.4.

When I edit a wiki page and go to insert a macro from the 'Other macros' option, neither of the plugins appear within the list.

Am I missing something or doing something stupid?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joerg Bencke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2012

1) Check the plugin-management page, are the plugins listed as "activated" as well ?

2) if so, check the installation manual - do you have to complete some configuration steps (usually in the space-administration oder confluence-administration section)

3) last - check the usermanual for code-examples, which keywords you would have to include into the wikimarkup to use the macros. Maybe they are not integrated into the macrobrowser ?

Richard S June 27, 2012

Thanks for the advice. Had already checked 1 & 2. 3 Hadn't occured to me. ;-)

I've just found out that one of the Plugins is the wrong version. Have now uploaded the correct version and it works fine.

The 'Send Email to Page' plugin though seems to be buggered. It installs, but I can't get to the admin screen for it - keeps saying the page doesn't exist. =(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events