Installed Confluence - Blank Page?

Gareth Owens November 20, 2020

Hi,

I've just installed Confluence on the same server as our Service Desk install. After completing the install, and starting Confluence, it opens in Internet Explorer with the Header and Footer but that is it?

Could you let me know of any solutions that would resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2020

Hi Gareth,

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

Internet Explorer is deprecated for the use with Confluence 7.4
Depending on the exact version of Internet Explorer it might be that several element do not load or formatting looks broken.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/conf74/supported-platforms-1003129726.html

In case you can switch to a modern browser (like Google Chrome for example) I definitively would that give a try.

Cheers,
Daniel

Gareth Owens December 1, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delay is responding back, Unfortunately, its exactly the same in Google Chrome.

Has the Header and footer but nothing else.

Kind regards,

Gareth.

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2020

Unfortunately we are restricted by the nature of not being able to look directly on your system :)

My advise in this step now would be for you to look into log files - please see this article for further reference.
Hoping that there will be something from logs what shows why you only see Header +Footer but nothing else.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events