Installation problems

Collin Keen July 24, 2017

I have had issues trying to configure my new confluence install.  I installed Jira a couple of years ago and didn't have any trouble.  The message I am getting is  - 

com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference$InitializationException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
    at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.LazyReference.getInterruptibly(LazyReference.java:149)

caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Spring Application context has not been set
    at com.atlassian.spring.container.SpringContainerContext.getComponent(SpringContainerContext.java:48)

I have created 2 different databases in an effort to get this to work, now I seem to be stuck.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2017

There's a couple of things this usually is, so check and rule them out first:

1.  Is your system using the right Java?  (Check it's using the one distributed with the Confluence you installed)

2. Are all the files and directories owned by the user trying to run the service?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events