Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation Database issue

Hristo Slavchev February 26, 2013

I get the below error during the Database setup step of the Confluence installation. It happens in both Confluence 4.3 and Confluence 5.0

I am using a MySQL database which is also being used for JIRA and works great with it.

The setup appears to create tables so it's not an access issue, but eventually dies every time with the below error. Please advise.

Thanks,

Hristo

Error occurred during template rendering: Invocation of method 'getRenderedTemplateHtml' in class com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.soy.VelocityFriendlySoyTemplateRenderer threw exception com.google.template.soy.tofu.SoyTofuException: In template navlinks.templates.appswitcher.switcher: When evaluating showAppSwitcher(): Error while computing function showAppSwitcher(): Hibernate operation: Could not save object; uncategorized SQLException for SQL ; SQL state HY000 ; error code 1598 ; Binary logging not possible. Message: Transaction level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode 'STATEMENT'; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Binary logging not possible. Message: Transaction level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode 'STATEMENT' at /decorators/includes/common-header.vm line 4, column 49 . Contact your administrator for assistance.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

Hi Hristo,

- Message: Transaction level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode 'STATEMENT';

Based on the above error, it looks like it may happen due to the binlog_format configuration for your MySQL server configuration. Anyway, I believe that the problem could be fixed as follows:
- Create a copy of Confluence backup data
- Open the MySQL configuration, my.cnf, using your preferred text editor
- locate the binlog_format property, and ensure that the value is set to row:

binlog_format=row 

- Save the changes made to the file
- Deploy a new Confluence installation, and create a new database for Confluence. Configure the installation to use this database
- Restore your Confluence backup data

I hope that this will help, kindly let us know how it goes.

Hristo Slavchev March 4, 2013

That seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks a lot!

Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Thanks Hristo, great to know that the problem is not fixed on your end.

Since this is the case, can you help to mark this post as answered?

Thanks!

Hristo Slavchev March 5, 2013

It's really strange because the mark as answered button is not showing up any more. It was to the right of your answer. I clicked it and it came up with some error, and now it doesn't show up for me.

Hristo Slavchev March 5, 2013

had the wrong account.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events