I get the below error during the Database setup step of the Confluence installation. It happens in both Confluence 4.3 and Confluence 5.0
I am using a MySQL database which is also being used for JIRA and works great with it.
The setup appears to create tables so it's not an access issue, but eventually dies every time with the below error. Please advise.
Error occurred during template rendering: Invocation of method 'getRenderedTemplateHtml' in class com.atlassian.confluence.plugins.soy.VelocityFriendlySoyTemplateRenderer threw exception com.google.template.soy.tofu.SoyTofuException: In template navlinks.templates.appswitcher.switcher: When evaluating showAppSwitcher(): Error while computing function showAppSwitcher(): Hibernate operation: Could not save object; uncategorized SQLException for SQL ; SQL state HY000 ; error code 1598 ; Binary logging not possible. Message: Transaction level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode 'STATEMENT'; nested exception is java.sql.SQLException: Binary logging not possible. Message: Transaction level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode 'STATEMENT' at /decorators/includes/common-header.vm line 4, column 49 . Contact your administrator for assistance.
- Message: Transaction level 'READ-COMMITTED' in InnoDB is not safe for binlog mode 'STATEMENT';
Based on the above error, it looks like it may happen due to the binlog_format configuration for your MySQL server configuration. Anyway, I believe that the problem could be fixed as follows:
- Create a copy of Confluence backup data
- Open the MySQL configuration, my.cnf, using your preferred text editor
- locate the binlog_format property, and ensure that the value is set to row:
- Save the changes made to the file
- Deploy a new Confluence installation, and create a new database for Confluence. Configure the installation to use this database
- Restore your Confluence backup data
I hope that this will help, kindly let us know how it goes.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG