Installation/Crowd/DB Import issues with Confluence 4

Wen Batiz-Vegas September 20, 2011

Fresh install of CentOS 5.6, with Confluence 4.0 installed. Once the initial configuration is completed, and Crowd is connected to my local MS AD server, it synchronizes fine. After synchronization, I imported my existing confluence 3.x backup into Confluence and I immediately get locked out of the application. No username will allow login, not even admin.

Blowing away the old installation, db, and whatnot allows me to get back in for configuration, but that's all I can do.

Notes:

My old Confluence server is in a different environment, and we are connecting to a different AD server, if that matters.

Does anybody see an obvious problem here?

1 answer

0 votes
RyanA September 20, 2011

Hi Wen, have you previously tried updating to Confluence 3.5 before going to 4.0?

Alternatively, have you lodged a support request for this?

Hi Ryan,

No, we have not upgraded to 3.5 first. The goal was to invest little effort in getting off of the old server and onto the new one.

I will lodge a support request if I can't figure this out, or I might just upgrade the existing instance of COnfluence to see how it behaves.

Jim McCaskey September 20, 2011

Just FYI. According to the below link, you MUST upgrade to 3.5 first. Thats the way I have interpreted the documentation anyway.

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+4.0+Release+Notes#Confluence40ReleaseNotes-ReleaseNotices

That was not mentioned in the 4.0 upgrade info that I reviewed, and might be the missing link.

Thank you for pointing that out.

By the way, do you know where to find the 3.5 bin file? I don't see a collection of prior releases here on your site.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events