Install Confluence against MS Azure SQL

Guenter SolyMar August 13, 2013

Hi!

Yes I know, Azure SQL is not official supported by Confluence and i am in big trouble trying to run it against Azure SQL. A lot of strange errors are appearing after setup routine created tables in Azure SQL. Anyone with experience in that case?

thx.

3 answers

1 vote
Thomas K October 6, 2016

Sorry for bringing up the old thread, but if someone is interested.

Did a test installation. Jira 7.2.2 installation with Azure SQL Server database V12 went fine.
So we need "only" the supported state of Atlassian.  Support the idea here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-35444

0 votes
William Zanchet [Atlassian]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2013

Hi Guenter,

May I ask you, if you're running the proper driver for Azure SQL? Don't forget, if you're using a different database driver, for example for MSSQL, you can face issues.

The driver should be placed in the following path:

<Confluence installation>/confluence/WEB-INF/lib

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
WZ

Guenter SolyMar August 16, 2013

I use the MS SQLJDBC Driver 4.0 and of course I placed it in the suggested path. Is it not possible for you Atlassian guys to setup a Azure evaluation account and run a short test with SQL Azure? I am wondering if using this DB is exotic or will become mainstream in the near future...

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2013

I don't seem to be able to locate a version of the 4.0 Driver with support for Azure SQL.

I did a bit of google jockeying and found the following. 3.0 driver with support for Azure SQL.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=19847

Would you mind including a link to the driver you downloaded?

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 13, 2013

Hi Guenter,

I don't have access to an Azure SQL, but perhps you can post the errors you're getting here and I can see if I can help with anything.

Cheers

Guenter SolyMar August 16, 2013

Please see my comment on Williams answer. It is just about minutes to setup a Azure evaluation account and see what happens. The strange is, that confluence tables are created but the ongoing setup process crashes...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events