Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting Blueprints in an existing page?

Jay A April 5, 2013

I have a need to insert prewritten content into a page. The include Macro won't work for me because after it's inserted, I need to modify it.

Is there any way to insert a Blueprint into an existing page? For example, I may create a Blueprint called "Best Practices for ProductX". If the client requirement involves ProductX, I want to be able to easily put my prewritten best practices for it into the document, and be able to make changes to it (for client names, IP addressing, etc).

3 answers

1 vote
Alex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2013

Hi Jay,

A blueprint is a set of page templates with added functionality to help you create, manage and organize content in Confluence more easily.You can certainly customize the blueprint templates to fit your needs, however, it seems as though you want less of a template and more of a "content object", something that allows you to control content from a single source and distribute it to multiple pages throughout your space where the object is called. So for example you could write "Best Practices for Product X" and include it on another page detailing Client Requirements and be able to edit the Best Practices to provide details specific to the client.

So, in short, no you cannot insert a blueprint into an existing page.

0 votes
Alex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2013

I added a feature request to JIRA for this, you can view the status (and vote for it) here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28826

Jay A April 5, 2013

Thanks! Yes, this is exactly what I want. Preferably, I'd like a way to organize that content also. I have hundreds of pages of reusable content, and having it in a "flat" structure would be a nightmare. Ideally, this Content Object would be able to pull content from my _InclusionsLibrary page tree.

0 votes
Alex
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2013

I added a feature request to JIRA for this, you can view the status (and vote for it) here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28826

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events