Inserting Blueprints in an existing page?

I have a need to insert prewritten content into a page. The include Macro won't work for me because after it's inserted, I need to modify it.

Is there any way to insert a Blueprint into an existing page? For example, I may create a Blueprint called "Best Practices for ProductX". If the client requirement involves ProductX, I want to be able to easily put my prewritten best practices for it into the document, and be able to make changes to it (for client names, IP addressing, etc).

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Jay,

A blueprint is a set of page templates with added functionality to help you create, manage and organize content in Confluence more easily.You can certainly customize the blueprint templates to fit your needs, however, it seems as though you want less of a template and more of a "content object", something that allows you to control content from a single source and distribute it to multiple pages throughout your space where the object is called. So for example you could write "Best Practices for Product X" and include it on another page detailing Client Requirements and be able to edit the Best Practices to provide details specific to the client.

So, in short, no you cannot insert a blueprint into an existing page.

I added a feature request to JIRA for this, you can view the status (and vote for it) here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28826

I added a feature request to JIRA for this, you can view the status (and vote for it) here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-28826

Thanks! Yes, this is exactly what I want. Preferably, I'd like a way to organize that content also. I have hundreds of pages of reusable content, and having it in a "flat" structure would be a nightmare. Ideally, this Content Object would be able to pull content from my _InclusionsLibrary page tree.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 17, 2018 in Confluence

Why start from scratch? Introducing four new templates for Confluence Cloud

Hi my Community friends!  For those who don't know me, I'm a product marketer on the Confluence Cloud team - nice to meet you! For those of you who do, you know that I've been all up in your Co...

574 views 7 6
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you