Insert confluence page link with page caption displayed as a link text

Sergey Shmarkatyuk
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

Is it possible to insert link to confluence page with page caption/title displayed as a link text?

For example, I have page with title 'Page1 Title' and link to this page on another confluence page with the link text 'Page1 Title'.

If page title is changed from 'Page1 Title' to, for example, 'Page1234567890 Title', I want link text to be changed to 'Page1234567890 Title'.

How can I do that? Is there some kind of confluence macros for that?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2012

Sergey, this is the default behavior if you insert the link using the Insert Link functionality in Confluence 4.2. Use the dialog box to search for your page and when you find the page you want to link to, select it. Do not modify the "Link Text" value. If you later change the name of the target page, the link text will be updated.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events