Insert an internal link doesn't search in all titles

Roman Leventov April 14, 2020

When I edit a Confluence page and hit Cmd + K to insert a link to another page, some page titles are not "searchable" - even if I type in the whole title of the page correctly (or any word from it, FWIW), the page doesn't appear in the popup among the options and cannot be selected.

What is the reason for this issue?

To workaround this, I open the desired page in a new tab, copy the address, and then insert to the page being edited. Then, the link is correctly "condensed" to the title, which is a proof that the problem is not that I try to search for an external page or a page in a different space (all pages are in the same space).

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2020

Hey Roman, welcome to the Community!

With the new editor, it's currently possible that some pages aren't returned by the autocomplete when you're trying to insert a page link. This is a documented bug with the new editor currently; you can see the bug issue at CONFCLOUD-67714 on our public Jira instance.

You've discovered the known workaround for this; simply pasting the full URL and letting Confluence convert the URL to a linked page title. I'm sorry that there's an extra step involved here! Right now we know that the link searcher only pulls the most recently linked pages, and only goes back 90 pages worth of most-recently-visited. We're working on fixing this up to provide the link search experience you expect in the near future.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events