Insert 'User Profile' Macro can't find username

Hi Guys, 

I have a few users who are active inside JIRA but when anyone tries to use the "Insert 'User Profile' Macro" a bunch of the usernames are not found. 

I have compared permissions of the usernames that return a result and those who don't and some even match completely.

Unable to find anything on Google. Any ideas?

JIRA Version: Standalone 6.2 Build 6252

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Boris Berenberg Community Champion Jan 12, 2015

Do those users have the Browse Users global permission?

Hi, 

The two users I am testing with both have that permission. 

I am an administrator of JIRA and I still can only select some of the users when trying to fill in the field, others simply do not show up. I was thinking it may of been a permissions issue to start but now it looks like it may be an issue with the database. 

Boris Berenberg Community Champion Jan 13, 2015

This profile macro? https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/User+Profile+Macro This is in Confluence, not JIRA. There is no specific permission which would restrict this. I would try and rebuild your index. https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CONFKB/Rebuild+the+Content+Indices+from+Scratch

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Confluence

Add-on evaluation with confluence templates

Atlassian market place contains number of Apps/Addons which improves the capability of out of the box Atlassian products. It is good to follow a plugin evaluation process before install add-ons. So t...

108 views 12 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you