Insert Link Fail

Hello,

A user of ours cannot add a web link to a page because the Insert button remains disabled after adding the link to the link field.

The user is:

1. The page creator.
  2. An Admin user for the space.
  3. A member of the Confluence users group, who have permission to view and edit any pages within the space.
  4. Can edit the page by changing text, and can do so on other pages within the space.

I've checked all the permissions from the top down and am happy that there is nothing to stop this user from adding the link. I tried it myself and there was no problem.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

We're using 5.9.9, Server.

Cheers.

3 answers

Update:

The user found out that if they remove the last character from the URL that they pasted in, this enabled the Insert button. They then added the last character back and the Insert button still worked and they were able to save the changes.

This strikes me as very odd. I have added and edited 100s of links in Confluence and never had this issue. So is this issue user-specific?

Cheers.

0 vote
Davin Studer Community Champion Jun 09, 2016

My hunch is the event handler for the field that enabled the insert button isn't fired on paste. However, it is probably fired onKeyUp.

Davin,

Thank you. We did try moving the cursor into the other field but that didn't make any difference.

That said, I've never had this problem before and I add a lot of links, so it still seems like odd behaviour.

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Confluence

Calling all marketing teams who use Confluence - we want to hear from you!

Hi Community! me again 🙂 If you’re a marketing team using Confluence, we want to hear your story! How did you start using Confluence? What are your use cases? What have been some of the benefits?...

45 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you