Insert Link Fail

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Hello,

A user of ours cannot add a web link to a page because the Insert button remains disabled after adding the link to the link field.

The user is:

1. The page creator.
  2. An Admin user for the space.
  3. A member of the Confluence users group, who have permission to view and edit any pages within the space.
  4. Can edit the page by changing text, and can do so on other pages within the space.

I've checked all the permissions from the top down and am happy that there is nothing to stop this user from adding the link. I tried it myself and there was no problem.

Has anyone else come across this problem?

We're using 5.9.9, Server.

Cheers.

3 answers

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2016

Davin,

Thank you. We did try moving the cursor into the other field but that didn't make any difference.

That said, I've never had this problem before and I add a lot of links, so it still seems like odd behaviour.

Cheers.

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 9, 2016

My hunch is the event handler for the field that enabled the insert button isn't fired on paste. However, it is probably fired onKeyUp.

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2016

Update:

The user found out that if they remove the last character from the URL that they pasted in, this enabled the Insert button. They then added the last character back and the Insert button still worked and they were able to save the changes.

This strikes me as very odd. I have added and edited 100s of links in Confluence and never had this issue. So is this issue user-specific?

Cheers.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events