Insert JIRA Project Backlog into Confluence Page

Christian Beckenkamp September 5, 2017

Hello all

I would like to create a new page in Confluence, with a live-updated version of a JIRA Project Backlog. This is to increase the overall transparency behind what is being developed in our IT department, and a “What-is-next” overview.

Normally I would simply use a “Insert JIRA Issue/Filter”-macro, which would be fine. My problem comes from wanting to insert the backlog from a board that includes several other projects.  

As an example:

We have 4 projects

Project A has board A
   Project B has board B, but has its issues shown in board A as well.
   Project C has board C, but has its issues shown in board A as well.
   Project D has board D, but has its issues shown in board A as well.

We currently use board A as our main board, with all current projects in it.

We have then positioned its backlog to reflect a “What-is-next” overview.

Would it be possible to create a Confluence page that reflects board A’s backlog, with all the different projects, and positions them correctly?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

Hi Christian

When you say you've positioned the backlog, do you mean ordered (ranked / prioritised)?

So what happens if you set up a Confluence page with the filter being the same as the filter used for board A? I would have thought that's exactly what you want. What is wrong with it?

Regards

Warren

Christian Beckenkamp September 7, 2017

Hello Warren

After a second review of the issue, we found that it was an error on our part. Thank you for your quick reply, and my appologies for the late resolution.

Like Sushma Jampani likes this
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 7, 2017

That's fine. If you're happy, please mark this as answered

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events