InfoWiki: Thematic Page Search

Alparslan Ozturk July 12, 2021

Hello,

I was wondering if there is any basic macro/source editor method of creating a search that is specific to themes on a page. Like a ctrl + F but with more context. 

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Robby Holtmann_IntraFind Software AG_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 14, 2021

Hi @Alparslan Ozturk

It seems, our "iFinder Search Macro" is what you are looking for. It is part of our solution "iFinder Confluence Search". You will find more information at our community articels here:

Best regards,

Robby

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

Could you explain what you mean by "infowiki" here?  What has it got to do with Confluence?

Do they not function similarly? InfoWiki help leads to this site.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 12, 2021

I do not know.  You have not told us what "infowiki" is.

A web search leads me to what looks like a tiny wiki, written in php, but not announcing what the underlying software is.

If it is a wiki, then yes, it does a lot of stuff the same as Confluence, as they're both wikis, but without knowing what software it is, or how it relates to Confluence, we can't really understand some of the terms you've used.  "Theme" in Confluence for example, is a "look and feel" thing, it has nothing to do with content.

InfoWiki is confluence, I can only assume that it's an outdated or license specific version of small scale Wiki development. 

It has all the same macros the base version of confluence, theme wise I don't mean visuals or aesthetic.

I mean content in the sense that if you were to search query "Apples" on a page dedicated to "Groceries", a Ctrl+F style search would be conducted, but the results would be a link or an object that the user would click that would then jump to the point in the page where "Apples" was mentioned. Ideally this also bypasses how some content is hidden behind expand boxes, but even just getting to that point in the page would be helpful. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 12, 2021

Ok, so my quick typing of "infowiki" into a global search engine turned up a small non-Confluence-based wiki, and I had no way to know if that was the one you are talking about.

Thank you for clarifying - I think your last comment tells me that "We use Confluence and we call it InfoWiki in our organisation"  (Same way that if you say "i" to an Adaptavist, we'll all immediately know you're talking about our internal Confluence system, although some of the newer people not heavily Atlassian focussed might not really know it's Confluence)

Anyway, the searches you are looking for in Confluence are there, a ctrl-F search is actually part of your browser and simply search for text in a page.  Confluence fully supports that, and lets browsers look into expand areas if they support it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events