cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info / Customization of page history

Rosario De Domenico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2015

I would like to know / customize the length of the page history for the entire space and / or for each single page; for example I would like to only keep changes done in any page of my space in the last 6 months and extend it to 3 years for some of the pages.

In addition I would like to limit the users that can delete a older version to a given user-group.

Is all this supported? How can this be done?

In general for how long are older versions (and deleted pages) kept? is this "for ever" (meaning until there is enough space or manually removed / purged)?

Are removed older version purged directly, or do they land in the trash?

Edit: I now asked the question also to support... I am so confused and starting to realize only now that "Bug&Features", "Answers" and "Support" are distinct places where to ask for information...

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rosario De Domenico
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 11, 2015

I got an answer from Support, so I am reporting it here:

Hi Rosario,

Thank you for contacting Atlassian Support.

Let me try my best to answer your inquiries :

1. If the page is not restricted then all users can see the page history, if the page itself is restricted to a particular group or users then the page history restriction will follow those as well. This feature request have already been created which can be found in the link below : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-13247
  2. The delete restriction again will be dependent on the page restriction which is the same behavior as described above. There is no extra restriction set for page histories.
  3. Deletion is permanent and will not end up the trash, there is no configuration that can be done for this.
  4. You would not be able to track the version efficiently if the history is being deleted.
  5. There is no time limit or any limit for that matter.

Please let us know if you have additional question on this.

Regards, Der Lun

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events