Individuals can't see page restricted to them? Have group permission at space level

I have a Confluence space with the permissions set to several user groups:

• Group A - View All / Add / Delete / etc.
  • Group B - View All
  • Group C - View All

There is a page on the space that I have restricted to specific members of Groups A  (so by individual, not the entire group). There are people in Group A who were given view/edit permission on the restricted page who can't see it. There are also people in Group A who can see the page, but can't edit it, even though they were individually provided view/edit permission at the page level.

Any insight into what's wrong?

1 answer

Hi Danielle,

do all members of group A have view and edit permissions in the space of your page?

And are some view restrictions in ancestors of page A? As they are inherited, they may prevent those users who can't see the parent page from viewing the child...

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve,

The group has view/edit permissions to the space - do I need to individually provide people view/edit permissions even though they are members of a group with view/edit permissions?

I'll check out view restrictions in ancestors.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Friday in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

262 views 11 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you