Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individuals can't see page restricted to them? Have group permission at space level

Danielle Goetz April 16, 2015

I have a Confluence space with the permissions set to several user groups:

• Group A - View All / Add / Delete / etc.
  • Group B - View All
  • Group C - View All

There is a page on the space that I have restricted to specific members of Groups A  (so by individual, not the entire group). There are people in Group A who were given view/edit permission on the restricted page who can't see it. There are also people in Group A who can see the page, but can't edit it, even though they were individually provided view/edit permission at the page level.

Any insight into what's wrong?

1 answer

0 votes
Steve Gerstner [bridgingIT]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2015

Hi Danielle,

do all members of group A have view and edit permissions in the space of your page?

And are some view restrictions in ancestors of page A? As they are inherited, they may prevent those users who can't see the parent page from viewing the child...

Regards

Steve

Danielle Goetz April 16, 2015

Hi Steve,

The group has view/edit permissions to the space - do I need to individually provide people view/edit permissions even though they are members of a group with view/edit permissions?

I'll check out view restrictions in ancestors.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events