Individual permissions when importing a space

Miguel Ángel García Gómez November 8, 2017

Hi all,

I have a question about how Confluence manage individual permissions when imports a space.

I mean, I've exported a space, in XML format, that has individual permissions to a particular user. This user is a user from Crowd. In Confluence instance where the space will be imported, exists a user, but not from Crowd, an internal user. This user has the same username, full name and email. When I import the space in this instance, this individual permission is not imported.

So my question is, individual permissions can be imported? If so, the user needs to be the very same as in the Confluence where the export is done?

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Miguel.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 8, 2017

They might have the same data in a few fields but are not the same in terms of other information/references as ID for example. So it is not the same user and therefor will not be mapped as equal. My first guess :)

Best, Max

Miguel Ángel García Gómez November 13, 2017

Thanks for your answer Max.

So if you want to individual permissions are exported, users must be (in all terms) the very same, ins't it?

I guess that with a user from LDAP, for example, Crowd, the individual permission would be imported, could be that possible?

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Miguel.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

I'd think so - yes, that they have to be the same - else it will be most likely an unknown user or labeled as such within Confluence afther the import on your page.

If you use page restriction on your old instance with users provided by for example a shared external directory (Crowd, LDAP, you name it), that your new instance also is using. I'm pretty sure the restrictions will be imported and work afterwards as they're referencing the same user. The only problem is matching restrictions like in your case across different directories. But I guess you could do a little database magic and replace your Crowd-user with your internal user everywhere, where your restrictions apply :)

Miguel Ángel García Gómez November 13, 2017

Thanks Max ;)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events