Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Independent forum for tech writers using Confluence for documentation?

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

Is there an existing group on LinkedIn or Yahoo or somewhere?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

I created a Yahoo Group (mailing list) for anyone interested:

http://dir.groups.yahoo.com/group/confluence_tw/

I'd love to see some activity because it's such a rich and varied topic.

Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2013

Joined, thanks! :)

1 vote
Guilherme Nedel [Atlassian]
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 16, 2013

Hello Robert, I would start from Atlassian reference on tech writting. Further to that, Sarah Maddox's blog has great tips for tech writting, worth reviewing.

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2013

I've looked at most of that stuff.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2013

Here is probably your best bet to be honest. There are some half-hearted attempts at forums in other places, but none of them are anywhere near as active (or helpful) as Answers.

0 votes
Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2013

Hrm, seems the Boston-area UG is defunct, or at least inactive, despite having 100+ members... (http://groupspaces.com/baug)

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

Hilarious, I've no idea where anyone is, so here's the most important one: http://www.meetup.com/UK-Atlassian-Community/

:)

0 votes
Mick Davidson
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

There's definitley at least one Confluence group on Linkedin but it's not very active. You can also try joining your local user group, there's loads of them all over the world. These have acse studies etc from other users as well as input from Atlassian. Cheers.

Matthew J. Horn
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2013

Mick, is there a web site that shows a list of local user groups? I'm too lazy to google it. :)

Robert Lauriston
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 17, 2013

I'm specifically looking at finding other people who are trying to use Confluence for technical documentation, since presumably we're all struggling with the same chalenges. It makes no difference to me if they're in the same area.

This OSQA instance is very useful, though I find find it frustrating that I ask how Atlassian accomplishes particular things with their own docs and don't get an answer from a staffer. Obviously they have the information, what motive do they have not to share it with customers?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events