Incoming Links in Confluence

Markus Sablatnig February 6, 2013

Hi,

we've linked our Jira and Confluence installations and I can't seem to get incoming links in Confluence to show up.

Linkin a Jira issue in Confluence works fine, and the corresponding Jira task will show that there is Confluence page linking to it.

But while linking a Confluence page from a Jira task works fine as well, the targeted page will not show which Jira tasks link to it.

It would be really great to have this functionality so we don't have to manually link back to Jira tasks.

From what I read in documentation, this should be possible and it appears that our configuration works fine in all other respects, so what am I missing?

1 answer

1 vote
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2013

Hi there,

The most common cause of these kind of issues, where everything else is configured correctly and it still isn't working, is that the SSL certificates for one of the applications isn't stored in the keystore for the other application. So, give the suggestions on this page a try and also you might find the related knowledge base articles linked below are also useful for this: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Connecting+to+LDAP+or+JIRA+or+Other+Services+via+SSL

All the best,
John

Markus Sablatnig February 7, 2013

Hi John,

Thanks for the quick response, but that is not the problem. Obviously Jira can talk to Confluence, and the other way around.

What I need to know is: Does a Confluence page normally show incoming links from Jira (or other Confluence pages)?

Because I've read in several places that it should, but cannot see where.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events