cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include last modified date and user in Page Properties Report

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 7, 2013

Is there a way, or a workaround, that will allow me to include the following two items in the Page Properties Report macro?

• Last Date Modified - The last date when the page was modified
  • Last User to Modify - The name of the last user who modified the content

I realize they could manually type it into the page properties, but that just isn't feasible when the information is already on the page. Can this be pulled in?

2 answers

1 accepted

10 votes
Answer accepted
MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2013

Well, I just went ahead and created my own user macros to solve the problem. For anyone interested, the two macros below do nothing more than display the date and the name of the user who last modified the page on which the macro has been placed.

Last Date Modified

$action.dateFormatter.formatDateTime($content.getLastModificationDate())

Last User Modified

#usernameLink($content.getLastModifierName())

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2013

Unfortunately, the above didn't work quite as planned. The macro is placed in the page properties macro, but when it is pulled into another page using the Page Properties Report macro, my macro above is pulling in that page's last mod user and date rather than the page on which it was placed.

Any ideas?

MarkC
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 14, 2015

It's been a long time, but after an update to Confluence 5.5, the above now works.

Linh Nguyen September 21, 2016

How do I put/apply those your macros into my confluence page?

Katie Milham September 22, 2016

Thank you.  I'd love to know how to implement this as well...

Chad Barnes October 28, 2016

Linh and Katie,

You have to write/create these macros via the macro editor in the system administrator UI.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/writing-user-macros-4485.html

Chad Barnes October 28, 2016

For instance:

## Macro title: My Macro
## Macro has a body: N
## Body processing: Selected body processing option
## Output: Selected output option
##
## Developed by: My Name
## Date created: dd/mm/yyyy
## Installed by: My Name
## This is an example macro
## @noparams
Like # people like this
Bonnie Gier November 15, 2016

@chad barnes Could you share the exact macro info for the last modified date?  I tried using the user macro, but was unsuccessful.

Chad Barnes November 16, 2016
  • Visibility: Visible to all
  • Categories: Confluence content
  • Body processing: No macro body
  • Template: (use the code above)

Really, the only two important things are the "No macro body" and the code I provided.

Also, realize that after saving the macro it will take a little time (few seconds) for it to appear in the macro browser. And, you may have to refresh the whole page and re-enter the page editor to get the updated macro browser.

Like NancyB455 likes this
Chad Barnes November 16, 2016

2016-11-16_6-36-41.png

Agatha Lai February 15, 2018

Does anyone know if there is a way to do this in Confluence Cloud?

Sergio Ruiz April 30, 2018

Hi Agatha... If you have it available try inserting a Report Info macro and enter the following in the key field: content:modification date.

In the format field you can play with the way that date is displayed.

I hope it works for you!

NancyB455 May 9, 2019

Exactly what I was looking for.  Can't wait to try it!

Allen Koronkowski October 2, 2019

Thanks for posting this--just what I needed!

Sam Smith January 29, 2020

Can anyone help me find the 'Report Info' macro, I cannot see this as a macro to add.

Veve February 13, 2020

Does someone have a solution for the new cloud editing too? I suppose the Report Info macro was obliterated.

Like Rylan Maschak likes this
Rylan Maschak April 22, 2020
Rao B November 30, 2020

Hello, 

I tried with following code, but it will display current users last modified date. 

$action.dateFormatter.formatDateTime($content.getLastModificationDate())

Could you please some one help, how to display list of users last modified date.

Thanks in advance

0 votes
Pankaj Rana August 31, 2023

For our Confluence instance (7.19) below user macro stopped working which was working on earlier datacenter version 7.13. Any advise on how to fix this?

Last User Modified

Daniel Kühner September 26, 2023

Atlassian restricted the variables in the User Macro Velocity context, see here https://developer.atlassian.com/server/confluence/confluence-objects-accessible-from-velocity/#user-macro-velocity-context

You have to add the following variables:

• action
  • htmlUtil
  • permissionHelper
  • req
-Dmacro.required.velocity.context.keys=action,htmlUtil,permissionHelper,req

You can find out this by yourself by searching the Confluence source code for the Velocity macro #usernameLink and watch out for the used variables:

macros-deprecated.vm

#macro
(usernameLink $username) [...]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events