In the new editing interface, how do I show files as links instead of thumbnails?

Joel Wallace August 26, 2019

In the old editing interface, you could show a file as a link, which was much cleaner and helpful than thumbnails (it shows the whole file name, for example). In the new interface, there doesn't seem to be a way to do that. Is it possible, and if so, how?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Kuhl _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 26, 2019

HI @Joel Wallace This should work:

1. Once you have added the file in the editor, publish your page. 
  2. Go to the attachments panel and copy the URL to the attachment. 
  3. Go back into editing the page. 
  4. Use that URL to create a text link and delete the attachment embed from the page.

You could make this a bit quicker by not inserting the attachment to the page but rather add it via the attachments panel.  Then you skip step 1.

2019-08-26_11-46-45.gif

Kerstin.Karasz October 16, 2019

Sorry, I got the complete link (as I copy it) but not only the file name! That is not the answer to my question.

1 vote
Jeannine Hooper-Yan December 6, 2019

Looking for the same feature - this used to be a simple option on the link to configure.  What's described is a very tedious work around.  Is there any plan to bring this back.  When I need to include a list of files on a page, I want it to be text (like the file list template), not icons.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events