Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the free plan, is it impossible to import a word file?

Kyunghwan Bae_PO_ SM_ January 7, 2020

I'm learning Confluence's features, but I think the import feature is not allowed to free plan users. 

Am I right?

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kelvin Hill January 7, 2020

Hi @Kyunghwan Bae_PO_ SM_  Like @Jorden Van Bogaert said, it is definitely possible to import a Word file into a free account. I also just checked.

In my case, it was necessary to save the page and attach the Word document first (using the attachments page). After the file was attached, I edited the page and typed "/" and selected the Office Word macro. It offered me the attached Word document by default, and it rendered just fine.

In my paid account, I can drag a Word document into a page I am editing and insert it. For some reason, however, I can't do that in the free account. Dragging an attachment to the page does nothing. If you open the attachments screen, however, you can attach it that way.

Kelvin Hill January 7, 2020

Sorry! I've just realised you were probably trying to import rather than embed. I was referring to embedding, sorry.

I've just checked, however, and I can import into the free version just fine. In fact, I don't remember it working as well in the paid version in the past.

Have you experimented with a small file?

Here's a screenshot confirming the import was successful.

word-import.png

Kyunghwan Bae_PO_ SM_ January 9, 2020

Thanks for your kind reply :)

I didn't expect this specific and kind response!

It works like a charm.

Like Kelvin Hill likes this
1 vote
Answer accepted
Jorden Van Bogaert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2020

Hi @Kyunghwan Bae_PO_ SM_ 

I quickly checked and I'm able to import a Word file into my free Confluence plan. So you should be able to as well :)

Kind regards
Jorden

Kyunghwan Bae_PO_ SM_ January 9, 2020

Thanks for your kind reply!

Actually, I was confused a little bit.

Yes! it works fine.

Like Jorden Van Bogaert likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events