In a similar vein to the JIRA question, is confluence cloud encrypted at Rest?

Sandy Coleman August 2, 2018

From a security perspective we require all data at rest and in motion to be encrypted. If it is not encrypted today are their plans in your roadmap to encrypt it? 

2 answers

0 votes
lauren
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 18, 2019

Hi @Sandy Coleman

I just wanted to provide an update here. 

We recently announced that Atlassian now encrypts customer data at rest.

Data drives on servers holding customer data and attachments in Jira Software Cloud, Jira Service Desk Cloud, Jira Core Cloud, Confluence Cloud, Statuspage, OpsGenie, and Trello use full disk, industry-standard AES-256 encryption at rest. To learn more, please see our Security Practices page.

We post updates related to security, privacy, compliance, and more in our Trust & Security group. Feel free to post related questions and feedback there! 

Best,

Lauren

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2018

Hi Sandy,

At present, Atlassian Cloud data is not encrypted at rest, only data in transit and attachments are encrypted. Please see: Security practices:

Content stored within Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud isn't encrypted. However, attachments on storage in AWS are encrypted. We believe we can rely on the physical controls and management at AWS, as well as transit-level encryption to protect customer data. A minimum of 128-bit Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) is used for attachments.

I am following up internally to see if encryption is in the Atlassian Cloud roadmap for data that is not in transit.

Thanks,

Ann

Sandy Coleman August 3, 2018

Thanks Ann I would appreciate the roadmap answer as we will have to move away from Atlassian cloud if it can not store data at rest encrypted in the near future.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events