Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Jira Software Server, is it possible to use Epics without Agile?

Jira Support January 24, 2018

We don't use Agile features in our JIRA Software Server instance. However, I want to use Epics, if possible, to group development issues within a Project, and to link with Confluence's Product Specifications template. Is this possible? If not, any suggestions of other ways to do it?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2018

You can use Epics, but they will be no different to any other issue types. They really will be "just an issue"

You will not get the functionality of Epic-linking or grouping.  You'll need to manually link every single story to its Epic using a standard link, not just type in the epic-link field or do the drag and drop, and you won't get any of the more clever reporting Jira Software does.

Jira Support January 27, 2018

Thanks Nic. I have come to a compromise solution by creating Epics in Kanban boards. I get to group issues related to major features, I get a Trello-like board to show stakeholders, and it links back natively to Product Requirements in Confluence. But my Senior Developer never has to see the words 'Scrum' or 'Sprint'!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events