Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Confluence, what permission is required to be able to mark a task complete?

Kristen Swick December 13, 2017

We have a user that has been granted View and Add Comments in the space. He was assigned a task on a Confluence page. What permission do we need to give them in order to be able mark tasks complete?

1 answer

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 13, 2017

The user need edit permission in the space, and on the page if you are restricting it, in order to mark the task complete.

Kristen Swick December 14, 2017

I don't see an edit permission. I'm guess edit is implied by add? https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/assign-space-permissions-139460.html If so, that means I have to give someone permission to add pages in order for them to mark a task complete. If that isn't going to change any time soon, I may have to rethink how we're using Confluence.

Like S_ Francoeur likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2017

Correct, it is the add permission that they need.

S_ Francoeur September 21, 2021

@Kristen Swick If, like us, doling out Edit permissions isn't compatible with your use case, please consider voting for CONFSERVER-56358 and its Cloud equivalent: CONFCLOUD-72831

Regards.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events