In Confluence, is it possible to leverage personal spaces to sort and identify employees by their skills and location?

Peter R November 2, 2015

I am in the process of trying to improve the way that my company identifies individuals for a particular project.

My first thought was to leverage labels based on a simple naming convention, which sounds feasible. Ultimately, I would like to roll these up to a capsule view of individuals, like a company directory that would only be visible to the company.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Reiner _smartics_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 2, 2015

You could use the Page Properties Macro. This macro allows you to specify your properties as key/value pairs. This way the selectors would not be visible on every page like labels do. The Page Properties Report Macro then allows you to select the pages by some criteria and render the results in a list.

At our company we use projectdoc and document properties with the Display Table Macro. These macros also allow you to add properties to pages and select on them. They provides some features you may want to check out, if the Page Properties mentioned above do not fit to your requirements. projectdoc is our commercial product (bias alert! smile).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events