In Confluence, is it possible to leverage personal spaces to sort and identify employees by their skills and location?

I am in the process of trying to improve the way that my company identifies individuals for a particular project.

My first thought was to leverage labels based on a simple naming convention, which sounds feasible. Ultimately, I would like to roll these up to a capsule view of individuals, like a company directory that would only be visible to the company.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks.

1 answer

You could use the Page Properties Macro. This macro allows you to specify your properties as key/value pairs. This way the selectors would not be visible on every page like labels do. The Page Properties Report Macro then allows you to select the pages by some criteria and render the results in a list.

At our company we use projectdoc and document properties with the Display Table Macro. These macros also allow you to add properties to pages and select on them. They provides some features you may want to check out, if the Page Properties mentioned above do not fit to your requirements. projectdoc is our commercial product (bias alert! smile).

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

1,777 views 25 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you