In Confluence I have a Jira Macro returning Epics of Stories in the Sprint. I would like on of the columns to be the "Issues in Epic".

Kyle Smith July 17, 2015

I am using this query:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("sprint in openSprints()", "has epic")

This returns the information I want. Now in the Macro, I am looking at the "display options" area. In "columns to display" I would like to display the "issues in Epic" but it isn't an option. When I go to my epic, there is an section with that name, so I assume it is one of the options. Am I overlooking an option or is that just not possible?

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2015

It seems to me that you are trying to show what's in currently open sprints, along with their Epics? And the problem is that Epics are not returned by "sprint in openSprints()", because they can span multiple sprints.

>  In "columns to display" I would like to display the "issues in Epic" but it isn't an option

Because it's not a field, it's a rendering of certain of the issue links.

As an alternative how about:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("sprint in openSprints()", "has epic") or sprint in openSprints()

The first part gives you epics to active stuff, the second part gives you the active stuff. 

An alternative, if you only want to show issues that have an epic link, could be:

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf('issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("sprint in openSprints()", "has epic")', 'is Epic of')
Kyle Smith July 20, 2015

I guess I didn't explain what I'm trying to accomplish very well. The customer likes seeing progress on Epics. And they like seeing how many stories left until the Epic is complete. So I want to have a list of the Epics that were worked on this sprint. Then I want to give all of the ID numbers of the stories in that epic (worked or not). Then, there should be a slash through the completed stories. That you should how many stories in worked epics have been completed and how many stories in worked epics haven't been completed all ordered by epic.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events