In Confluence 5.1.1 what is the purpose of the word "Pages" on top of every page?

Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2013

In 5.1.1 on top of the page in the bread crumb the first word is always "Pages". It is useless IMO. So I wonder if someone knows the purpose of it?

Let me ask the next questions right away, Can I get rid of it and how?

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2013

There is really no clear answer for this. I mark this answered with "Bad UI design".

1 vote
Nari Man
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

I see. Thanks.

I do not like it though. It is not good UI desgin.

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

I would say the purpose of it is because of the new focus on content types in Confluence 5.1 So you would see things like Pages, Blogs but also additional content types generated via Blue Prints

0 votes
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

I believe the "Pages" link will redirect you to the "Pages" page which will show you the rencently updated pages on the space and listed all the pages there.

This "Pages"act as the root page of every pages on the space if you use "Default Theme".

Tina Guan April 20, 2013

I thought it was a bug. Doesn't it suppose to be pagename? you already have a side bar with "page" if you use "Default Theme". So I had to switch to "doc theme" :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events