Impossible to allow user to edit CSS

David Villaumbrales January 4, 2017

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Styling Confluence with CSS

Captura de pantalla 2017-01-05 a las 11.07.08.png

Hi, I can't enable css permissions to any user. My user is sys-admin but the option "Custom Stylesheets for Spaces" remains disable and it's impossible to change it.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2017

Hi David,

Custom CSS is one of the restricted functions in Confluence Cloud. It's mentioned on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/restricted-functions-in-confluence-cloud-734070955.html

Sam

Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2017
Sam Hall
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 5, 2017

Hi @David Villaumbrales, there is a limited workaround which is worth knowing here:

You can put CSS in space header, footer or sidebar. In your space, go to "Space tools" > "Look and Feel" > "Sidebar, header and footer".

You can put CSS there inside wiki-markup {style} tags.

For example to change page titles to red, you can put the following in 'Header':

{style}#title-text a{color: red}{style}

See the comment from Stephen Deutsch on: How to hide the "spaces"-Button in Confluence Cloud.

Sam

Philip Schlesinger July 18, 2017

Doesn't work for me.  Help?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events