Importing php and html

I have a website that contains a number of directories written in php and have css styling on tables/div etc in each file. Is there a process for importing this content?

I have looked at the Content-Tools->Import but that seems to only allow single files, not subdirectories. I could look at writing a script to convert the php to html/text.

Is there a recommended approach for doing this import? Does the confluence REST API come into play?

2 answers

1 vote
Wayne Wong Atlassian Team Jul 01, 2014

Hi Jeremy,

Maybe you can try to save the page by using browser (like firefox) so the page will save to HTML, then import to confluence or you can print it to pdf to import to confluence.

You can also refer to this documentation here for the content import.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Importing+Content+Into+Confluence

Hope these help.

Regards,

Wayne Wong

Hi Wayne,

The site I was trying to import was a TeamSite CMS site so all content was stored as XML. I created a script to convert the xml into txt files. I then created pages and child pages to match the directory hierarchy of the site. I had to manually import the directories for each page/child page I created, one by one and then use the reorder menu to drag the imported files into the tree hierarchy.

Some 1500 files so it was tedius but the only way I could get it to work.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 24, 2018 in Confluence

Atlassian Research opportunity with Confluence templates

Do you use templates with Confluence? Take part in a remote 1-hr workshop. You'll receive USD $100 for your time!   We're looking for people to participate in a   remote 1-hr workshop...

929 views 13 11
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you