Importing a Word doc as a child page

I'm trying to import a vast amount of resumes into confluence and have each candidate as a page. I'd like to easily have these pages for each candidate as a child page of certain jobs. The problem is when a word document is imported it will either create the page under the overarching topic space or replace the current page. Is there a way to import as a child page without having to make the child page then overwrite with the import? Advanced blueprints might be something that would work if I could click a button to create a child page quickly and all I'd have to do would be import and rename.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Accepted answer

Hello @Tristan Howell,

I did some dig, and unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible.

There's a long-standing feature request about this matter here: CONF-31033. You should vote for it and add your self as watcher to be notified of further changes but honestly I don't really think that this is at Atlassian's short term backlog though.

So far, seems that creating the child page, then importing the .doc file onto it is the best option.

If I can be of any further assistance, please, let me know.

Regards,

Lameck.

Alright, thanks anyways.

Tristan, I never heard about it. But lemme dig a little. And I'll comeback here. Ok?

See you later.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published yesterday in Confluence Cloud

Happy holidays from our team to yours!

Hi Community!  2018 was filled with changes for our team, both big and small, and we've taken a lot of time to both celebrate our wins and recognize areas of improvement. One thing that we're a...

105 views 1 14
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you