Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a Word doc as a child page

Tristan Howell June 7, 2016

I'm trying to import a vast amount of resumes into confluence and have each candidate as a page. I'd like to easily have these pages for each candidate as a child page of certain jobs. The problem is when a word document is imported it will either create the page under the overarching topic space or replace the current page. Is there a way to import as a child page without having to make the child page then overwrite with the import? Advanced blueprints might be something that would work if I could click a button to create a child page quickly and all I'd have to do would be import and rename.

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 8, 2016

Hello @Tristan Howell,

I did some dig, and unfortunately that doesn't seem to be possible.

There's a long-standing feature request about this matter here: CONF-31033. You should vote for it and add your self as watcher to be notified of further changes but honestly I don't really think that this is at Atlassian's short term backlog though.

So far, seems that creating the child page, then importing the .doc file onto it is the best option.

If I can be of any further assistance, please, let me know.

Regards,

Lameck.

Tristan Howell June 8, 2016

Alright, thanks anyways.

0 votes
Meck
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2016

Tristan, I never heard about it. But lemme dig a little. And I'll comeback here. Ok?

See you later.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events