cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imported space permissions are not aligned to space permissions

sn March 7, 2018

hi all,

users of Confluence 5.10 server.

we have recently imported a space from another Confluence (5.2). some users are in both apps but different login credentials.

the problem is even after deleting all existing permissions and adding our standard permissions. Users are unable to move,delete pages from imported space. Only Confluence admins are presented with this ability.

i had both scenario users test this. users who have accounts in both and also users who are only in our enterprise confluence. both faced same issue.

while the same permissions are set to all native spaces-- User can move the pages within these  spaces.

we have a space created using the "Software Project" option where the space is auto linked to the JIRA project. we want to move all pages from imported space to this space. but if the users are not inheriting the permissions then that is an issue.

thanks !

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 7, 2018

Hi! The pages moved from the imported space should be subject to the permissions in the target space, which I understand was not imported. XML full site imports import users and overwrite existing users. Space imports don't import users at all, so only the users from the Confluence 5.10 instance should be able to access the imported space.

Please test it by copying (not moving for now) a page from the imported space and then checking whether the permissions of the destination space apply as expected.

I look forward to hearing the result.

Cheers,
Ann

sn March 7, 2018

thanks Ann !

it was because the page had edit restrictions. when i removed the edit restrictions on the page, the users are able to move but i ran into a different issue. I'm getting time-out error and unable to move the bulk pages. i see below error.  there are about 220 pages.

any workaround appreciated.

The following error(s) occurred:

• Move failed. There was a problem contacting the server

Thanks !

sn March 7, 2018

never mind! It did move the pages even after the error. That error message should be fixed since it is confusing the user.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events