Import spaces: issues with user rights

Hi all,

I need to import a large number of pages on a Conlfuence space.

Our Vendor is supposed to do this import for us as it's in another language, but apparently only the admin is allowed to do this operation.

However it's not safe for us to give an external Vendor the right as admin to perform this operation. And if we do it will take time.

So what are the options here?

1 answer

0 vote

Hi Scerbo,

you are correct. To be able to import spaces and other backups, you must be an admin and this can cause a security flaw if you need to give this permission to external people.

There's not much to do in this case instead of giving them permission and sign a contract of confidentiality (NDA). I'll leave this question open as other people might have a better idea than mine.

Cheers,

Rodrigo

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Kesha Thillainayagam
Posted Apr 13, 2018 in Confluence

We want to hear how your non-technical teams are using Confluence!

Hi Community! Kesha (kay-sha) from the Confluence marketing team here! Can you share stories with us on how your non-technical (think Marketing, Sales, HR, legal, etc.) teams are using Confluen...

2,792 views 26 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you