Import space issue, space already exists

Richard Busch Nordli January 21, 2016

Hello.

Our goal is to export a space from a Confluence (5.6.6) Server solution to Confluence Cloud, and I'm having a issue with the import. This is what I've done:

• Exported old space from Confluence Server
  • Uploaded the export file to WebDAV
  • Chose the uploaded file (around 400 mb) under the menu "Import Spaces"

After a halv a minute or so I get this error message:

image2016-1-21 12:22:56.png

I had a space with the name ARKIV earlier, but deleted it to make the key available for the import. It no longer show up under "all spaces".

However, if I modify the URL to domain.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ARKIV/, I get this error:

image2016-1-21 12:25:46.png

While I expected to get this error:

image2016-1-21 12:26:14.png

If it is relevant, we also have JIRA cloud under the same account. The JIRA project with key ARKIV is also deleted.

• May it be that the cloud solution needs a day or so to reindex?
  • Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for any help,

Richard

1 answer

1 vote
Jonathan Soo
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 21, 2016

Hi,

There's a easier workaround :

1.  Access to your backup folder > open up exportDescriptor.properties with your favorite text editor > search for the space key 'ARKIV' > locate 'ARKIV' and manually change the space key to something else. (eg : 'ARKIV(1)') 

2.  Import.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Jonathan
Richard Busch Nordli January 21, 2016

Thank you @Jonathan Soo Wai Hou. I tried what you said, but end up with this error message:

image2016-1-22 9:58:31.png

Should I change all references in the entities.xml as well? I find these two types of references:

<property name="context"><![CDATA[ARKIV]]></property>
	<spaceKey>ARKIV</spaceKey>

I'm not too technical, but would it work to change it to this setting?

<property name="context"><![CDATA[ARKIV(1)]]></property>
	<spaceKey>ARKIV(1)</spaceKey>

Thank you

Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2019

HI @Jonathan Soo 

It will not work...we need to remove all the entries from the db it seems...

I tried as you suggested but getting below errors..

Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Unable to complete import because the data does not match the constraints in the Confluence schema. Cause: JdbcSQLException: Unique index or primary key violation: "UK_JP1AD5YUFSIH5R7LQRYGAKPUG_INDEX_9 ON PUBLIC.SPACES(SPACEKEY) VALUES ('DEMO', 98306)"; SQL statement: insert into SPACES (SPACENAME, SPACEKEY, LOWERSPACEKEY, SPACEDESCID, HOMEPAGE, CREATOR, CREATIONDATE, LASTMODIFIER, LASTMODDATE, SPACETYPE, SPACESTATUS, SPACEID) values (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?) [23505-196] 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events