I tried to import a local copy of the Confluence 3.5 Downloadable Documentation as described here:
I tried this with the Confluence 3.5 XML ZIP:
and also with the 3.5.13 version uploaded on Dec 01 2011:
I unchecked 'Build index file' and attempted to Restore from the local file system
In both cases, the import failed with a SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException:
Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. Hibernate operation: could not insert: com.atlassian.confluence.pages.Page#101581597; SQL ; ORA-00001: unique constraint (CONFLUENCE.SYS_C0021372) violated ; nested exception is java.sql.SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (CONFLUENCE.SYS_C0021372) violated
Log file says:
com.atlassian.confluence.importexport.ImportExportException: Unable to complete import because the data does not match the constraints in the Confluence schema. Cause: SQLIntegrityConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (CONFLUENCE.BANDANA_UNIQUE_KEY) violated
There is a post on Oct 14 2011 on this page from another user suggesting that the Confluence 3.5 XML ZIP file is corrupt:
We use Oracle for our database, which is where the errors are being thrown from, so I'm wondering whether these files really are corrupt, or whether, perhaps, there's some aspect of our Oracle config that's responsible for this problem.
We are using Confluence 3.5.9.
The original XML zip file was corrupted and I have raised this up before at: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-23634
My colleague has updated a working XML file on Dec 01, 2011 and that file should be working however you will need to delete the existing Confluence 3.5 Documentation space that has failed from being imported successfully (if any) before importing this file once again.
Thanks Hanis, I now see that the corrupt documentation space was indeed in place, I deleted it and the import of the Dec 01 2011 version worked rather better this time. The import of that version stalled at 90% complete, so I'm going to delete it again and try it again in case it really didn't install completely. I'll update here if I still can't get it to install properly.
The corrupt version of the XML file is still in place on the Confluence Documentation Directory page; although the fixed version is also there, the corrupt version is the obvious one to choose. Shouldn't that corrupt file be removed from that page? It would have saved me a lot of time and effort if it had been...
I did manage to get this working in the end, by importing the later version of this file. I understand that the corrupt version of the file has now been removed from the Confluence Documentation Directory page, but I haven't confirmed that.
Note that the apparent stalling of the imports at 90% is just an error in the progress bar; although the import appears incomplete, when checking the imported space it's actually imported intact.
Apologies for the delay in closing this issue; I closed the separate Support Ticket but wasn't aware that this question had remained open.
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
...; ## Developed by: Alana Fernando ## Shared with love ## @param style:title=style type|type=enum|required=true|desc=Choose a style.|enumValues=Style1,Style2,Style3,Style4,Style5 ## @param alignment:title...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs