Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of Backup failed

Carsten Gellert September 9, 2015

Hi all!

I recently tried to perform a backup action of my confluence system on a seperate server ( or more, a seperate machine with linux on it). I installed the same Confluence version that the backup was made on, put the backup in the restore folder, started it, and then just got an 

"Import failed. Check your server logs for more information. Could not roll back Hibernate transation"

Error. Since I am not very good with these kind of errors, nor do I understand the log files, could you help me to find the source of the error? =) Google just told me that it might be a problem with the SQL Version, but since it did not install any of such, I do not know where the error lies...

Some more information: its Confluence 5.6.3 Server Edition, 64 bit

Thanks in advance!

Kind Regards!

2 answers

1 vote
Luiz Maia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2015

Hi Carsten!

There are several possible causes for XML backup issues, and to be honest, the possibility of failures in this process is pretty high. We always suggest using the Production Backup Strategy to migrate content between different instances of Confluence.

Also, troubleshooting XML backup issues require log analysis to understand what might have caused the issue, so I'd suggest you raise a support ticket at support.atlassian.com for this issue.

Thanks!

Regards,
LM 

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2015

Hey Carsten,

It could be a memory error as you can check in the following documentation:

You could check your logs and see it if indeed is that smile.

Cheers,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events