Any time I try to import a document to a space - i get the following:
org.springframework.orm.hibernate5.HibernateJdbcException: JDBC exception on Hibernate data access: SQLException for SQL [n/a]; SQL state [HY000]; error code ; could not execute statement; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: could not execute statement
caused by: org.hibernate.exception.GenericJDBCException: could not execute statement
caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x89</...' for column 'BODY' at row 1
Welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to have you.
Can you tell me the following:
Thank you for your help!
2. Excellent Question - I built it a few months back, and likely left it on the embedded db. i'll check it out and migrate away if need be.
3. this answer is both - importing a document to a page, and creating a page with a doc, but fail on the same error.
4. I'm not sure which I'm using, but it does work (the link in my server)
5. I'll test others to be sure, but i've tried other versions of the same to no avail
6. I succeeded in june, and haven't had time to do much else with it since.
7. I will confirm later when time allows.
Thank you for the confirmation. So the other documents where it does NOT break, those do not have the comments added?
The error you were getting is usually caused by the embedded database, and since the embedded database is only meant to be used on evaluation instances during the initial evaluation period, you'll want to first migrate off of it to ensure that's not the issue.
My first recommendation to you would be to move off the H2DB. This will also ensure that your data is not lost if the database fails.
those broke too - I ended up copying and pasting to get the data in there... but then got another error:
Unable to communicate with server. Saving is not possible at the moment.
then immediately after:
"back in business"
On the database, how can I confirm which I'm running on? I am running it on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS, and have confirmed mySql is installed, suggesting that I did in fact actually convert when I put it into our production.
I think I have more issues than just this, but it could also be that I have issues with connectivity. I'm looking at this further
Update... fixed the "not available" issue - was caused by a winky smiley in the document I was working on... that's weird, but all good, it's fixed now. I'm going to assume the same import would succeed without the emoji in it... I might test it, but at this point since it's working, i'm going to leave it be.
thanks for the suggestions, appreciated!
Thank you for confirming that you were able to fix the "not available" issue. You can check your database in your confluence.cfg.xml file:
I would check that even if you're able to fix the issue now; the embedded database doesn't work very well for production instances, and you run the risk of data loss if you remain on it.
Hi Community, Elaine again from Confluence Cloud Product Management. Most of you have used the new Confluence navigation and Home for some time by now. Not sure what changed or just want to lear...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events