Import a Confluence Cloud space (from one Organization to another)

Jose Fuentes February 8, 2021

Hi,

Iv'e been trying to follow official Atlassian steps to import or move one Confluence space (or pages) into another, but I'm able as show in this video recording my screen (2 minutes).

I think what I may be doing wrong is that the Space I'm trying to move is one Attlasian  Organization, and I'm trying to move it to a different Organization, and, although they are part of the same account, Organizations are like totally different account.

Any thought or hope how could I move a Space?  Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Diego
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2021

Hello there @Jose Fuentes !

Looking at your video, I can see that you did every step needed to export and then import in Confluence

However, Safari is playing tricks on us! There is a feature in Safari that automatically extracts .zip files upon download.

Why is this affecting us? It is affecting us because Confluence looks exactly after a .zip file when importing content. If we try to use the files separately like that, Confluence does not recognizes it.

We can try to either disable this feature in Safari or use another browser to download the export file.

Also, pay attention to permissions of your exported pages. If you are on the Free Plan, you may have problems accessing them after you import them into your site. I had another person here from our Community with a problem that was caused by that:

Exporting Imported Spaces 

Let us hear from you!

Jose Fuentes February 13, 2021

Thanks! That solved the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS