Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import .CSV and create multiple knowledge base pages in Confluence

Johan Söderström August 17, 2017

Hi,

A client have exported data from another system to a .CSV and want to import the information to confluence and use as knowledgebase in JIRA Service Desk. Do anyone know if its possible to import a .CSV and create multiple pages in Confluence to use as knowledgebase and how to do this in the simpelest way?

Thanks in advance! 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 17, 2017

CSV isn't really a suitable format for text based documentation.

Without knowing how it's been formatted and structured, it's hard to make a recommendation, but my initial instinct would be to convert it into a set of word documents and import them.  The second one would be to script something to parse the csv into pages and use REST calls to create the pages.

John Smith October 25, 2017

He, like myself, is probably looking for a way to import a knowledgebase from salesforce into service desk. Unfortunately, the only way to get every solution out of salesforce is by CSV or XLS report. Whether CSV is Ideal or not it's what we've got to work with. At least for my company, the ability to import the existing KB is a deal breaker in the decision on which ticketing system to switch to.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events